Hello from Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tornado_735

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Aaron.

I just got my hands on my first ever Tahoe, a 1996 2-door 4x4. I gave one 2000 Buick LeSabre for it.

I would stop short of calling it a basket case, but it does have its issues. The tinworm has gotten ahold of it, and the clearcoat is in dire need of some work. The exhaust ends at the back of the cat, so it's a touch on the noisy side. The brakes are also pretty squishy. Also, the passenger side wiper spindle is kind of loose, causing the wiper to have almost not pressure against the windshield. I've got the arm bent quite a bit to use some of the spring tension.

When I first test drove it this past Sunday, it was running like an absolute dog...sputtering with an active misfire under load, sputtering in gear at idle, just not running well at all. I decided to go ahead with the trade, knowing I might not get another chance to find a 2-door, and knowing I might have to drop $300 on an injector upgrade.

Monday rolls around, and I meet the guy at the bank. Swap titles and keys, Hop in, fire it up, and there are no drivability issues at all...no misfire, no sputtering, nothing. I couldn't say it runs perfect, but it runs 100x better than it did on Sunday.

Anyway, I tried out the push button 4x4 and it seems to work fine. I had the SES light scanned, and it showed no activity on the Bank 2 upstream O2 sensor. I can't see a sensor on the downpipe from under the hood, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There did seem to be some weld slag on the downpipe, so I'm wondering if maybe it's been patched at some point, and the O2 sensor never put back into place.

I am a regular on the site http://www.w-body.com despite the fact that I haven't had a w-body in over a year. A member there (and good friend of mine) is the one who mentioned this site, leading to my discovery of it.

Glad to be here, and hope I can contribute in some way once I learn my way around the GMT400!!

Aaron