Heavy Duty Headlight Harness and 4 Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I think I see a problem with this circuit. Wouldn't the Low Stock connector supply 12V to the New Hi Connector when the low beams are on?
Unless the stock switch switches the ground and not the power or both it does look like it will. Has anyone tried this layout, I wonder?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When the stock high beam connector turns on it also turns on the low. I went over it a few times and it looks fine to me. Also the same diagram I'm using on multiple vehicles. Unless I'm missing.

I also usually choose to use the 3 relay method

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
But when the low beams are on, the brown wire from the stock connector is providing 12v to purple wire that goes to the high bulb by being connected at the relay trigger terminal, so not only is the low beam relay being triggered, it would also be lighting the high beam.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey purefection I want one of these HD harnesses with 4 HI. I want to run dual HID's so I want it straight from the battery. I'm in Ontario, Canada. Have any around?

Thanks, Casey

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run 4hi with a pair of 35w and a pair of 55w hids and I got my mod from painless wiring from jc Whitney possibly jegs might have one

What's the main difference with the heavy duty harness??
Gauge ,relay,??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not actually making these to sell, I just don't have the time. I see what you're saying on that diagram. I think in another thread it was fixed. I'll try and find it. I prefer the three relay method anyway.

The only difference is guage. You can buy the eBay relay harnesses for like 8 bucks and it's the same thing. I get the same voltage at the ends of a eBay harness as I do at the ends of a HD harness. The relays on the eBay ones are **** though so I would recommend buying your own and just putting it in the harness. It just plugs in the socket anyway.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever start making these?
Negative. I don't have the time. I work 24 days on 4 days off right now on 14 hour days.

If anyone wants to start making them feel free to contact me for information. I can walk you through making one pretty easily.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought of using a single relay but something tells me that 3 separate would be better and it's also more cost effective. If someone wanted a double or single relay setup I could do it though.

Drew a new one up. Little easier to follow and shows it going 1 wire back to the auxiliary power post near driver door.
You must be registered for see images attach

I think this second diagram is incorrect. It looks like it will light the highs when the lows are on. And the power for the high is being pulled from the original low +.

The first 3 relay diagram looks fine.

I have never done this but planning to build my own harness since they can't be bought anymore.

I could be wrong...