Heavy Duty Headlight Harness and 4 Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some time to quickly draw up a schematic for the heavy duty Headlight harness with and without 4 hi mod, using the 2 relay method and the 3 relay method.

This is a quick drawing on my phone so excuse the poor lines. Will make it better once I make sure this work.

I think if I can get a good line on materials I will start making these. As an Electrician I can get some pretty good deals on all of this.

Any input on the drawings is appreciated.

4 hi harness (3 relays)
You must be registered for see images attach

No 4 Hi
You must be registered for see images attach

I may have the green and brown backwards to what they are on the truck, but it's irrelevant. The stock connector is obviously male, so there would be a new male connector there. The new connector at the bulbs is male.

All black line is to ground. Red is 12v+ DC from battery, with a 20 or 30 amp in line fuse shown in blue.

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You could pull power from a single 40 amp circuit breaker (thats how i have all my accessories run) instead of having 3 or more fuses at the battery. If your truck is a vortec, pull power from the feed to the under hood fuse box and mount your relays on the fender well where the extra battery tray is for a factory-clean look.

98_k1500

Reaction score
As far as i can tell, the first one is identical to mine. (with the addition of a fog light relay)

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive never had one of barons harnesses so I'm not sure if he did anything special, but that would work identical to his.

Battery feeds direct power to both lights, as well as makes the 4 Hi mod. When I get home I'll see if I can round up enough parts to make a few and try them out. Maybe I'll start selling them on the side.

98_k1500

Reaction score
I assume thats how his is, thats how i wired up mine. Works perfect. Those relays are expensive if you get good ones.