Heated Cloth Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin1047

Reaction score
I am considering putting an aftermarket heated seat element in my suburban. It just has cloth seats and its hard to find a leather interior at the auto wreckers. Just want to confirm that the cloth seat cover comes off of the foam pad. I think I remember reading somewhere that the foam pad is attached to the cloth cover? Can anyone confirm this?

Hump

Reaction score
Just finished adding the heating elements to my cloth bucket seats. The seats that I used are the sport buckets out of an early 90's model SS454 truck. Seat cover was hog ringed to the bottom of the seat frame and was also hog ringed length wise to the top of the bottom cushion along the seams. I just removed the bottom hog rings and slipped the heating mat between the seat cover and the foam and then re-hog ringed the cover to the bottom of the seat frame. The cover on the seat back had a zipper and velcro on the bottom of the back, this cover is also hog ringed to a metal rod that runs up/down where the center and sides of seat cover were sewn together. As with the bottom cushion I did not remove these hog rings just slid the heating pad up in between the cover and cushion then routed the wires and re-zipped the cover. This worked very well just had to cut the length of the heating mat for the seat back as per instructions that came with the mats. Have not re-installed the seats back into the truck as i have not got the rest of interior installed yet but did hook the seats up to a battery just to test and the heating seems to work very well.
No I could not completely remove the seat covers but I was able to slide the heating pads between the cushion and the cover. Guess I should have taken pictures...