Headlights won't turn off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
There is a module on the underside of the lower dash panel, next to the steering column; you can yank that out and it turns off the DRL, I've been meaning to pull it in my 97 Suburban but never got around to it before I got my 96 K2500; oddly enough the 96 doesn't have DRLs but still has the green indicator light on the cluster,

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I hate drls with a passion and pulled the fuse and the bulb in the dash so they are just normal manual headlights now. For me it's the only way to go. I even hate auto headlights

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never used to hate DRLs, at least stock ones, (HIDs are a little annoying in your rearview ALL DAY LONG). Now I kind of see everybody's point. Went off road with some friends, and everybody is telling me my lights are on. Wonder if there's a way to integrate that into the stock switch somehow... I'm already installing toggles for a couple other things, maybe I'll mount a panel under the dash...

Reaction score
I've got a 6-switch panel installed and would like to keep them freed up for future accessories (light bars, winch, compressor, etc...) but sounds like pulling the DRL fuse will work. Will have to try it.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you install your panel? I have a blank spot above my 4WD cluster that I was thinking of putting a few switches, but if you have a better idea...

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be more okay with no DRL and a green light on the dash than the PARKING BRAKE light lit up, for being pushed in a few clicks. Long as the headlights go out. I'd just like to be able to turn off the head lights without having to install some sort of kill switch for em.

I recall something I read before. If you look under the dash, pretty much directly under the shifter, you will see a small heatsink looking thing. If you disconnect this, it is supposed to disable the DRLs. Not sure about the light in the dash though.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I was able to pull the #15 fuse, and it disabled the DRLs. The green light on the dash still lights up, but at least now, I can black out my head lights when I need to.

Reaction score
Where did you install your panel? I have a blank spot above my 4WD cluster that I was thinking of putting a few switches, but if you have a better idea...

I pulled out the stock CD drive, under the radio, and put it there. I had to do some custom mods to the dash, but it all worked pretty well. That panel above the 4wd cluster works too, as well as the panel on the left side of the wheel, to the right of the far left AC vent. There is quite a bit of unused space, to put switches everywhere.