Headlights and spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory spoilers and air-dams you refer to are made of ABS plastic which is quite pliable and less prone to tearing
For sure! Here's a picture of my bumper and valance after it "somehow" got hit when my daughter borrowed my truck. I straightened out the bumper (with a lot of heat and a BFH) and threw the valance out back on my dump run pile. After a summer of hot desert sun and heat, it mostly straightened itself out. I put it back on the following spring.
You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The factory spoilers and air-dams you refer to are made of ABS plastic which is quite pliable and less prone to tearing than the typical after-market fiberglass pieces. FYI LKQ is an automotive salvage company, who owns the Pick and Pull chain. They are owned by Schnitzer Steel Company. When the vehicles have been picked over for parts the remnant is crushed and shredded into small metal bits which they ship to China.[/QUO
The ones I'm talking about aren't fiberglass but some kind of plastic. I don't know if there ABS plastic or not.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The factory spoilers and air-dams you refer to are made of ABS plastic which is quite pliable and less prone to tearing than the typical after-market fiberglass pieces. FYI LKQ is an automotive salvage company, who owns the Pick and Pull chain. They are owned by Schnitzer Steel Company. When the vehicles have been picked over for parts the remnant is crushed and shredded into small metal bits which they ship to China.

This is the aftermarket valance that only lasted 3 years.
Wasn't fiberglass. Vacuum formed ABS, but of a quality not up to the OEM spec.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who has tried the chrome airdam that LMC Truck offers? I'm sure you've gotta be careful with it, but I'm just curious about the quality and fit.