Headlight Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
And those are very similar to the last set i had on my 96 except i had black, they were decent lights

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have halo lights...not those, but halos.

You must be registered for see images

Just spliced into the parking lights, (194) and there ya go, simple as that.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know what color the wire is that I need to splice into? We'll we doing this Thursday afternoon. I think my buddy finally got the package the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't splice into parking lights, they will flash on and off with the turn signal. A set I was installing today had the halo around the hi beam, and a 194 style wedge bulb off centered into the low that is supposed to be your new DRL. I had to pull the fuse for DRL so low beam lamp would stay off. I think I am going to wire directly to the pink ignition wire, because it will power the lights with key in ACC, Run and start, but not be hot in off.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got these wired up and installed the other day. The halos I tapped into the brown park light wire. That other 194 bulb your talking about that is supposedly the drl I tapped into something else. I forget what it was. But everything works good and they don't blink with the turn signals.

Only problem with the product was the side markers fit like absolute crap! I had to use a Dremel to make it fit a little better.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I have them. Been on this truck since '09. I didn't care for the beam pattern at first (kinda shadowy in reflecting), but I got used to them. I wired my halos into the corners too. Come on with the parking lights and work with the turn signals. So far the upper half of the halos are all bubbled up and melted from using the high beams. However all of the LED's still work. My passenger headlight filled up with water one time since I've owned them. Took it off immediately so it wouldn't have a chance to eat the chrome, aired it out, put it back on (didn't bother sealing them), and haven't had a problem since.

I've had a lot of aftermarket lights on these trucks. Hard to beat OE quality.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't splice into parking lights, they will flash on and off with the turn signal.

No. The parking lights are what you want to splice into if you want them on with the parking lights. You missed the parking lights and got the signals instead.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't wired them yet, but I see what you are talking about.i wasnt sure if both park light bulbs go on or off with indictors. Anyone else pull the DRL fuse#15 to disable the low beam bulb when selector switch is in off position?