Headlight LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I think Darkrider did but could be wrong on that... I have 5x7 LED conversions but they're different from what you are looking at.

I did run Cree LEDs in my Trailblazer for a short period of time before i had issues with a cold solder in one of the drivers. I will be playing with them again in the same truck in the near future.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
By the way in OP's link those are the wrong ones for GMT400's anyway; you want 9006 and their price for them is $149. Still a lot for a gamble. Lifetime warranty means jack if the company is gone in a couple years or they simply fail to honor the warranty for whatever reason - what are you gonna do? Sue 'em?

There are some others that have no fan, are cheaper, but seem to have some pretty good specs. I'm skeptical but the price was decent and someone on another forum was willing to try them out so I said what the hell, I bought a set too. I'll try them on the truck and see how they do.

One thing's for sure, if they suck I'll come right out and say it. :gr_grin:

Richard

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tried this last year, became super popular locally for around two months, boss could get them cheap (CREE LED headlight bulbs)

Bought a pair for my my truck and they were awful. Same idea as the ones OP posted. An LED on each side. Put out significantly less light than a normal Halogen Bulb.

Switched to DDMtuning HIDs in the end of it all.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're too dim to be useful. That's been my experience with LED's in other automotive applications claiming to be super bright this, crazy bright that.

The truck has DDM 35W HID's in it now and they're just not very reliable. When the truck sat up a while the headlights came on by themselves and stayed on, burnt the relay harness. I replaced it and for whatever reason they no longer both come on every time the lights are turned on, gotta flick them off/on again to make both sides start. Tried replacing ballasts and bulbs, no difference. Whatever. Kinda fed up playing with aftermarket HID junk so I thought I'd give these LED's a try to see if they've finally reached a useful quality level.

Richard

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think Darkrider did but could be wrong on that... I have 5x7 LED conversions but they're different from what you are looking at.

Wow, I'm blind!
I just saw your thread and I think I'll go for the truck-lite that you have.
I have a W/T front and just put in an HID kit, but without projector housings its hardly brighter than stock.

digdug18

Reaction score
I bought ones similar to the ones the OP posted, but paid $30 with free shipping from china.

They work fine, I use them in the low beams. They produce 30% more lumens then the stock bulbs that I had in there. Checked it with a light meter at work. Honestly though I'm going to change the low beams to a HID Retrofit..