Headlight LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think Darkrider did but could be wrong on that... I have 5x7 LED conversions but they're different from what you are looking at.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Anyone here convert their headlights to LED?
I've found this kit and am debating going with this instead of HIDs
https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/h4_70w_headlight

Lifetime warranty is hard to say no!

There is no way the heatsink and tiny fan is going to dissipate 70w of steady state power from the LED. Their advertised power is way optimistic.

Also, if you drop that in a normal housing designed for a filament bulb, the beam pattern will be all wonky, like spokes of a wheel perhaps.

There is only one focal point in a reflector housing... and the filament is placed there.

Save your cash and pass.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Came here to post basically this. Also the minute an unwanted drop of water gets inside that heatsink it's bye-bye LEDs.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also, if you drop that in a normal housing designed for a filament bulb, the beam pattern will be all wonky, like spokes of a wheel perhaps.

There is only one focal point in a reflector housing... and the filament is placed there.

In general terms I agree with you on these aftermarket LED headlights. However, this style has a single large LED element so I don't think the results will be quite what you're saying. I do see a problem though in that the element is just going to fire in one direction, so there's no 360° distribution of light around the housing. So yeah; definitely not an ideal situation.

Very much a "not yet ready for prime time" modification...and likely never will be, just like aftermarket drop-in HID's.

Richard

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ Came here to post basically this. Also the minute an unwanted drop of water gets inside that heatsink it's bye-bye LEDs.
The site shows a video of the led and fan on while dunked underwater.
It's probably 70w between the two of them. So that would be 35w per bulb.
I sent them a question and they responded that its 70w on high beam and 35w on low beam.

Based on the responses here and the price i'll just stick with HIDs for now. Hopefully they can perfect this as LEDs seem like the future.
Thanks for the input!

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been running LEDs in my OBS tahoe for over a year and never had any problems. I take mine wheeling and camping and I love them at night time off road. Creed lights are the best I have found and with all the off-road time I have put on them I like them better than HID's imo.