Headers Vs. Manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
mmmmmmmm electroplated cast iron headers........there's something you don't ever hear much about anymore....cast iron headers that is.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sat.? are they coming in the mail? ups and fedex don't run here on saturdays. not unless you pay extra for it.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I paid extra for usps to move there ass and get them here before monday cuz I am leaving for a month outta town lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea usps will deliver on sat. for sure I figured they'd be ups. I think mine came ups from tuning pros.

I do hope you have 90 degree plug boots. I had 2 that were not and they work but you have to retoue them in most cases. I think both mine are on the number 1 and number 2 plugs, both in the very front of the engine.

I removed my plugs to put my headers on to avoid breaking them as they were new, and I recomend you put new ones in now if you haven't already. It took me longer to put my plugs in then it did to install the headers I think. You'll most likely need a 5/8 wrench open or boxed and offset helps, if it's not too offset. The back 4 are a pain sometimes. Mostly the number 5 and 6 cylinders.

o2 may give you troubles if you have't had it out yet. Mine came out easy but I put in a new one anyways.

I would also say if you got the cash to do the new plugs if they aint new, then do wires too if they are not new. make sure they are all 90's and you should be in good shape. I could go deeper and say ahh fuel filter, cap, rotor, etc. especially you going on a trip with it, but that's up to you, most likely you already know it and have heard it over and over LOL.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the good news chris! First week after I bought the truck I had a stock pile of parts that included this>
new plugs, wires. rotor, dizzy cap. They were old as ****.. I had to use a cheater pipe to break the plugs loose. It sucked. I am worried I am going to break the manifold bolts off in the heads... I looked at the plug wires the other day and I think they are 90* plug wires so I am good! So everything you listed.. I am good on.. well except o2 sensor. If I have to replace it.. then o well.. there like 20-25 bucks for a single wire :)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
To be cautious, you can run the old style spark plug wire covers....they aren't the steel braided covers like people have trouble with on high voltage systems, they're basically like fire-retardant covers....alot of times it's used for rubber fuel lines to keep down vapor lock.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your o2 may come out fine, mine did. if so you can reuse it or buy the one you mentioned like I did.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE.. lol I got them on! Didn't take as many pics as I wanted, but I had to get it done asap.. anyways.. I ripped out all the air injection junk.. getting to them bolts on the back of the heads suck. enough said. lol The headers look really nice until you put heat to them. Mine turned a little yellow now. Guessing they will end up turning that purplish blue color too.. oh well.. lot better then flat black! anyways.. here are a few pics lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a few reasons why I decided to get some headers:D:D:D

Overall as chris said.. these are a very nice set of headers for the money. I am very happy with them! I also made it to my hotel room today before the storm hit! For the next month I will be in correctional academy so I won't be doing much to my silverado besides driving it.. lol