Hank Hill's 88 GMC RCLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Lookin' real nice! Reminds me of what my old man used to have :) Ever thought of putting some brass/chrome gold on it? Just think it'd look nicer ;)

Thanks! Ive actually never though of brass/chrome gold actually, just regular chrome but I dont know where I would put that bling lol. Any ideas?

I like the idea of the brass. Would kind of give it a steampunk look. Maybe the "hockey stick" handles that hold up the mirror?

Last edited:

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Yesterday I did the 4-Hi mod. I can't wait to drive again so I can get to use it. Its not fully tied in because theres not enough space on the battery terminal, so I'll have to buy a fuseblock or something. I suppose I shouldn't have it near the propane converter, however.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lows

Highs Before

Highs After

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Last couple of days I've compiled a list of most of the repairs done by shops that I have the service orders for. I could post it up for anybody curious.

Today I put in my switch for my incoming light bar. It will be either on, off, or on with the high beams. When I took apart the dash, the plastic that the radio pocket and HVAC controls was brittle and mostly cracked already but unfortunately decided to completely break. I'm hoping that I can just use some epoxy for now.

This is madness when you have a regular cab

Finished product

Also found that I could grab power off of the junction block that houses the fuel pump relay, so tied most of my stuff into there.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Took the flares off and painted them to make it look more factory

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Looking good! I know all about that regular cab mess that happens.. You should have seen mine when I was wiring the amp into my stock stereo for the sub

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
CM your grille with the tan :deal:

But I'll lose my shinies! ;)

Actually youre right, the chrome is peeling off :lol:

Looking good! I know all about that regular cab mess that happens.. You should have seen mine when I was wiring the amp into my stock stereo for the sub

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Haha yeah, I can only imagine! Or experience, since I've recently aquired an amp ;)