Halo and Projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My sons friend has projection headlights on his car with HID's they look real good and I have heard if you don't use projection lights they don't light up good at night or it doesn't spread the light correct.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My sons friend has projection headlights on his car with HID's they look real good and I have heard if you don't use projection lights they don't light up good at night or it doesn't spread the light correct.

Projectors without HID's suck!!! Freaky scary at night on back roads when going from high beam to low beam.

94shortbed

Reaction score
i bought halos for my 94 k1500. they are HIDs with halos around both bulbs. any advice on installation? i got the kit off ebay for like $130. includes the ballasts and all the wiring. but its low beam only. is the low beam only common when switching to hids ior can i somehow still wire in a high beam?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
HID's take a bit to warm up when turned on. Unless you have a 4-HI mod, when you go from low beam to hi, there is a second or two when you'll be in the dark.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4-hi mod is simply so you can turn on your lows and brights together at the same time, or you can just run the lows and then buy the hi's and switch back and forth, but the 4hi mod definitely has a huge cool factor.

94shortbed

Reaction score
i think my buddy had the 4 hi mod on his truck. so i will look into that. any advice on how to put the hi beam in the hid kit? im not sure if it has the wiring for the hi beam. i can put the link to the lights i bought if that would help. thanks guys