Greetings, from Florida.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fister_Roboto

Reaction score
Figured I'd make use of the introduction section and say hello. I'm Lucas, I'm from Florida, and I just acquired a '99 Tahoe LT 4x4. It has quite a lot of miles (255,000 to be exact) but it runs and drives great and was very well taken care of. I'm the third owner of this vehicle and intend on holding on to it for a while. I used to have a '97 GMT400 pickup (extended cab, long wheelbase, 2wd) and it was a pretty solid truck, until my GF at the time blew the engine lol. This is not, however, my first 4wd. My first was an '88 Ford Bronco II, and a few years ago, I bought my brother's '03 Dodge Dakota HD.

I have a few plans for it, nothing too crazy.

-Needs tires, so I figure I'll spring for a set of 33" AT or mud tires. Might even ditch the GMT800 17" wheels and get some 16" ProComps or something, but we'll see.
-I plan to detrim it and plasti dip it olive drab green with black bumpers and grill.
-I want to overhaul as many of the suspension bushings as possible, although they all seem to be in pretty good shape
-I'll probably crank the torsion bars a bit and add some sort of blocks or shackles to lift the rear, no more than about 2" for the time being.
-The interior needs help. Will most likely end up pulling the seats out and replacing the carpet, or perhaps just applying bed liner, not sure yet. The front seats are pretty bad off and need reuphulstered. Will probably just go with the factory tan color, maybe have some extra bolstering foam added for more support.
-Then there's the engine crap- exhaust, cam, etc. Nothing crazy, will probably just have a custom exhaust made and go with an LT4 hotcam.

What I'd REALLY like to do is do a solid axle swap and lift it about 5" on some 35x12.5's and do an LQ4 swap, but I don't have the budget or time for that right now, seeing that this is my only running vehicle lol

Anyways, I'm hoping to learn as much as possible and perhaps contribute my perspective on certain things.

You must be registered for see images attach