Great rim debate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well again, it clearly stats right on the original post that the bolt pattern was 5x127, my question was asking if a 5x127, 17x8 rim would fit my '96 c1500, and if no one was entirely sure, if anyone had any links or info that might be useful from a rim/tire chart or something of that nature, in which I could go cross reference and check for myself. Im sure I had one I used before for my '94 4x4, but I couldnt find it on google this time around.

They were American Racing rims, so aftermarket. Highly doubt they were stock Jeep rims.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Well again, it clearly stats right on the original post that the bolt pattern was 5x127, my question was asking if a 5x127, 17x8 rim would fit my '96 c1500, and if no one was entirely sure, if anyone had any links or info that might be useful from a rim/tire chart or something of that nature, in which I could go cross reference and check for myself. Im sure I had one I used before for my '94 4x4, but I couldnt find it on google this time around.

They were American Racing rims, so aftermarket. Highly doubt they were stock Jeep rims.
If they are an aftermarket wheel. They most likely will fit no problem. 17x8 is fine it's more the backspacing and if you are lowered or lifted can change things.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh please fellas, obviously I dont know what I am talking about so how do I ask a question with every correct element, sheesh. Sorry if I was vague about it but I tried to give as much information as I had. Atleast someone had the decency to try to help me out, man this gmt400 forum is going to absolute crap like the chevyfullsize and gmfullsize forums already have..

Not knowing is fine, having instant attitude is what sucks. You can keep it. I was going to suggest looking at the hub bore as the difference between the wheels but jeez man go take a pill or something.

Richard