Got a question for yall 4x4 guys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just picked up a cab today for my 2wd... The cab is off a Z71.. Why do yall weld 1/4" plate where the cab mounts are? Mine has about a 6x6" piece with the hole for the bolt in the center and there on every mounting point.... Ive seen allot of yall do it, but dont know what the purpose is for it... Can i just cut the welds and remove it? I dont want my cab sitten 1/4" higher than normal lol.... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I just picked up a cab today for my 2wd... The cab is off a Z71.. Why do yall weld 1/4" plate where the cab mounts are? Mine has about a 6x6" piece with the hole for the bolt in the center and there on every mounting point.... Ive seen allot of yall do it, but dont know what the purpose is for it... Can i just cut the welds and remove it? I dont want my cab sitten 1/4" higher than normal lol.... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

WTF, never heard of that..

Reaction score
Seen some 4x guys do it build threads... just never payed any attention as to why... lol Usually in big *** mud trucks.. Which is what the cab is off of. lol

Reaction score
Reinforcing the cab for a body lift.... Nevermind the question... if a mod would, please remove thread... Thanks :)

Reaction score
Yeah, upon further inspection (removal of mud).. i noticed that is the one that was ripped out.. Guess ima reuse my mounts.. the fun thats gonna involve :(

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy the replacent mount part of the panels as well comes with the welded nut and all. I did notice my drivers side was build better then the passenger side, seemed to be plated from the factory.