Good shocks for 1995 4dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a 95 Tahoe 4dr 4x4, don't wheel it more of a street truck but its my daily driver so it sees snow, what is a good shock to run? I run some cheapo ones from Napa but there pretty squeaky after a year ride good just noisy, was thinking Bilstein?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

98gm1500

Reaction score
just put skyjacker nitro 8000s on mine, i was able to get them cheaper then pretty much anything available to me whether stock replacement or aftermarket, not sure if maybe its different in the states or not?? they havent been on long but i've been happy with them so far, t bars are slightly cranked up and with the new KYBs that were on it it was nearly undrivable and the skyjackers smoothed it out alot still far from perfect but they definatly were a big step up from the KYBs that were on it, hope that helps part numbers i used were N8081 and N8083

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hm idk not really gonna crank it or anything just stock height

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Been running Monroe HD Gas Magnums on my K2500 for about 7 years now.

We tow a 9000 lb travel trailer and the truck has literally touched both the Pacific and the Atlantic a couple times.

Dirt/gravel roads and light woodland trails is about the worst the truck sees.

It's mainly a pavement pounder.

Somewhere around 50,000 kms on them by now.

No problems, no complaints.

Body of the shocks are starting to get surface rust here and there.

But that's 7 years of Canadian winters. Very respectable performance.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the ride that I got from the Monroe sensa-tracs on mine before the lift. They would still be there today if it was stock. I've also used kyb gr2 on other vehicles an they ride good as well.

98gm1500

Reaction score
they come for stock height, the ones in the front of mine are for 0-3 inch lift so they'll work on a stock height vehicle, i know theres ones for the rear for stock height too just not sure the part number, my truck never sees offroad its a pavement princess and they work great on the road doing everyday driving

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Another pavement pounder here with lots of towing.
My truck progressed from factory Bilstein's to Monroe magnums, to Rancho RS5000's, to KYB Monomax's, back to Rancho RS 5000's, and then back to the KYB Monomax's.
It all happened over a 7 year period. I was searching for the best empty ride versus towing ride and control.
The KYB Monomax's worked out best for me.