Good Fitment Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've had this issue with my hood ever since I put it on. The drivers side lines up perfect with the fender but the passenger side sits high near the front of the truck. It lines up right near the wiper cowl but gets progressively higher as it goes towards the front of the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
X3.

Does it match up to the fender opening at the front lower part of the hood or is it high there also? IE; the hood edge above the grill shell.

Also, you can edit the thread title if you want. Just go to the "advanced" option under "edit post".

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
If you twist the bump stop down and it still doesn't change the hood height much, you can put a small hunk of wood on the opposite side covered in rags ( you want it under the edge of the hood at the fender as far forward as possible. ) and push down slightly on the side that is high. [ passenger's side ] Make a small adjustment, remove board and check progress when closed.

If you are uncomfortable with that, then lower the center latch slightly and slam the hood. The driver's side will hit the bump stop, and the passenger side will be pulled down more, provided you screw the bumpstop in some. It will take more effort to close the hood this way though.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
There's not even a bump stop in on that side. I have also lowered the latch on the core support. It only sits high on this corner.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to give the hood a 'tweak'. You would be surprised how far you can make it move by twisting it. Keep in mind that you want to push down on the edge of the hood where it is strong... use both hands and a bit of effort. Make small adjustments and check your progress, it's easy to go a bit too far.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to give the hood a 'tweak'. You would be surprised how far you can make it move by twisting it. Keep in mind that you want to push down on the edge of the hood where it is strong... use both hands and a bit of effort. Make small adjustments and check your progress, it's easy to go a bit too far.

Where exactly do I lay the wood? On the opposite side on the core support?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Where exactly do I lay the wood? On the opposite side on the core support?

On the opposite side yes, I have usually used a piece on the inner lip of the fender that goes over the bolt on the front edge of the fender, but a piece on the core support works as well. The core support is a bit stronger.