GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I got my GTStyling headlight covers from ebay for $49.99, they shipped extremely quick.

I leave them on all year round, and Im using stock bulbs and whatnot, I can see fine enough, and a lot of that driving was 35 miles one way to work in the dead of winter at 5:30 in the morning.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my GTStyling headlight covers from ebay for $49.99, they shipped extremely quick.

I leave them on all year round, and Im using stock bulbs and whatnot, I can see fine enough, and a lot of that driving was 35 miles one way to work in the dead of winter at 5:30 in the morning.

Can you get me a link or remember the seller's name? So they didn't dim your headlight beam at all? I have HIDs and still want every bit of visibility. Not sure If I really want to do it but I guess I won't know till I try some out and see what they look like and how the headlights do.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shortchevy, where in WI do you live?

I live in the Milwaukee area.... what are you having a party? I like High Life if you are.

shortchev, where did you get those headlight covers?? Since I've gone murdered looking at possibly doing something like this but I'd like to not have to remove them everytime I wanna go drive. I got HID's looking for something that'd possibly work with them well but still give a blackout look.

I got mine through my work... theyre AVS. the same brand that makes vent visors. I do not recommend running these at night... maybe with your HIDs they would be better but I got stuck at night in the rain once with them and it was not fun... heres a link for them on ebay... (the little white avs emblem rub off with some compound.) they also make some that dont cover the corner lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vent...ake:Chevrolet|Model:C1500&hash=item588b5dadac

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Can you get me a link or remember the seller's name? So they didn't dim your headlight beam at all? I have HIDs and still want every bit of visibility. Not sure If I really want to do it but I guess I won't know till I try some out and see what they look like and how the headlights do.

I cant remember the sellers name, but they are the same price from summit and sites like that. I wear them on my truck all the time, and I do a lot of night driving in a mostly rural area.

But I really don't care to have the brightest lights like a lot of guys here do, just as long as I can see deer eyes and road markers Im fine.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine through my work... theyre AVS. the same brand that makes vent visors. I do not recommend running these at night... maybe with your HIDs they would be better but I got stuck at night in the rain once with them and it was not fun... heres a link for them on ebay... (the little white avs emblem rub off with some compound.) they also make some that dont cover the corner lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vent...ake:Chevrolet|Model:C1500&hash=item588b5dadac

Ventshades. These are the exact ones I was looking at earlier. Didn't even notice they cover the corner lights too! I'm confused tho because you say you can't see but RHAmill says he has no trouble. Trying to figure out the difference.

I cant remember the sellers name, but they are the same price from summit and sites like that. I wear them on my truck all the time, and I do a lot of night driving in a mostly rural area.

But I really don't care to have the brightest lights like a lot of guys here do, just as long as I can see deer eyes and road markers Im fine.

So what are the differences between yours and short's? I want them dark but not enough to have to remove them. Btw for me HIDz weren't about the brightness but the looks of that pure white light with a little blue is awesome. Plus I already had projector headlights so wth. It's one of those high bang for the buck mods is why it's so popular.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Mine are wrap arounds too, tbh my GTstyling covers are a little bit better made, all the AVS ones around my area ive seen are cracked, only my top right one is, because my grill fits so tight and I reefed it on there.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are wrap arounds too, tbh my GTstyling covers are a little bit better made, all the AVS ones around my area ive seen are cracked, only my top right one is, because my grill fits so tight and I reefed it on there.

Yeah I mean the difference in visibility tho! Like why does shorty have to take his off, and you can see just fine? Yall both are running stock headlights and so I just would want something I wouldn't have to constantly modify. The more I think bout it tho the less I care. $60 is alot just to see if I like something ya know, and wouldn't want to spray tint these headlights cuz I like them too much!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking so damn good VIGH J. I need to get my tail lights looking like yours. Let me know the steps you took and what product you used. I did not use VHT but some autozone brand...Rustoleum I think. I want them looking like glass.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I mean the difference in visibility tho! Like why does shorty have to take his off, and you can see just fine? Yall both are running stock headlights and so I just would want something I wouldn't have to constantly modify. The more I think bout it tho the less I care. $60 is alot just to see if I like something ya know, and wouldn't want to spray tint these headlights cuz I like them too much!

Im prolly being a ball-less donkey, RHamill could prolly hit a deer and not even notice he hit it (this is a compliment RHmill, im jealous). I have to scan the road for anything bigger than a small rock so I dont hit it (just over 2.5in or clearance). if you want I can take a picture at night with the lights on