gmt400 pick up heated privacy back window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't find my answer. I know that it was available on the 92-99 gmt400 pick ups, but have never seen one. I saw an 04 gmt800 today that had it. shape looked similar. has anyone ever retrofitted one?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
What do you mean by "privacy window"?

I know the rear defrost windows were an option, not super common but they are out there. I know a friend with a 97 and another with a 98 that have one. They are clear glass even though the side windows are deep tint.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Privacy is factory tint vs clear.

Interchange on the back glass w/ rear defrost shows w/ & w/o the tint.

I've never noticed one on a gmt400 P/u. Being that I live in the Northeast, you would think that it would be a little more common.

I can find them on a gmt800 P/u. They look similar size, just w/o the rubber frame.

I'm going to try and measure one up & compare dimensions.

Just wasn't sure if someone has tried & confirm either way.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
My friends RCLB has a heated rear window, I believe it is a -90... it has the moonie gauges and I'm pretty sure the window is original. It was tinted but with a film, not tinted glass.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I remember searching on autotrader once and came across a 99 classic that had a heated rear window, tinted glass. I was amazed cause I never knew these trucks could have them at the time I found it. When I saw the HVAC control with the button I assumed it was from a Tahoe or burb, nope!

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't find my answer. I know that it was available on the 92-99 gmt400 pick ups, but have never seen one. I saw an 04 gmt800 today that had it. shape looked similar. has anyone ever retrofitted one?
You could call a company that replaces auto glass and see if they show different part numbers for the years your talking about. If it's different part numbers it probably wouldn't work.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I was able to measure up the glass on both gens of trucks. same height, but the gmt800 is about an inch longer on the bottom. so no dice unless you want to start modifying the cab.