GM roadside emergency kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibanez GSA60

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but seeing as I tend to keep stuff like this in my cab, I'll try here.
I remember that in my family's 1996 Suburban, we had a roadside emergency kit that included a first aid kit, disposable Kodak camera, Maglite, and multi-tool, all branded with the Chevy Trucks logo. I'm wondering if these were available for the pickups, as I drive a C1500 from '96, and if so, what was embroidered on the bags (the Suburban one said "Suburban" on it).

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I think these were available from the dealer. Iv never seen a truck with one in it.

Ibanez GSA60

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was the case, but my main concern is knowing what was written on the bag, so that during the restoration of my truck, I can include this.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Now that i do not have a clue. May want to research some sales literature from the era. May can come across a pic of one in an advertisement or something.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I always wondered if it depended on what dealer you got it from, etc...
My dad bought 3 different W/T's between 95-97. He got some sort of small roadside kit with one, leather work gloves with the Chevy logo & a coffee mug with another... And I can't remember what he got with the 3rd one.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always wondered if it depended on what dealer you got it from, etc...
My dad bought 3 different W/T's between 95-97. He got some sort of small roadside kit with one, leather work gloves with the Chevy logo & a coffee mug with another... And I can't remember what he got with the 3rd one.

Wow you just brought back a memory for me... My dad also got a Chevy trucks coffee mug and work gloves with my truck when we went and picked it up. I had completely forgotten about that. Curious to know what happened to those now.

Also, high five multiple GMT400 dad buddy! :lol: My dad ordered a '90, '93 and my '97. All with pretty much identical specs. Wish I knew where the '90 was, think that was his favorite of the bunch.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Wow you just brought back a memory for me... My dad also got a Chevy trucks coffee mug and work gloves with my truck when we went and picked it up. I had completely forgotten about that. Curious to know what happened to those now.

Also, high five multiple GMT400 dad buddy! :lol: My dad ordered a '90, '93 and my '97. All with pretty much identical specs. Wish I knew where the '90 was, think that was his favorite of the bunch.

Ha yup my dad worked the hell out of his. He still has his '97 W/T. When I flew home over Christmas I glanced inside of it... 298,000ish miles on the original engine/transmission!
I bet he still has the mug somewhere.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the first aid kid with the Chevy trucks logo still in the cellophane wrap, and the mag light. I'll have to take a pic of it when my gf gets back with my Tahoe. Pretty neat stuff to have. A buddy of mine that works at carmax got it out of a Suburban going to wholesale and gave it to me.

Last edited: