Glass headlight reccomendation needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want the best build quality and best light pattern, you definitely want new GM/ACDelco housings. They are expensive though.

The Spyders mentioned earlier in this thread and Anzo 111004s are an acceptable (in my uneducated opinion) cheaper alternative if you're OK with the clear lens look. The Anzos are a very similar design to the Spyders, but with plastic lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/USA-111004-Chevrolet-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B0015PPZMC

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you want the best build quality and best light pattern, you definitely want new GM/ACDelco housings. They are expensive though.

I didn't know GM still had them available. Price is a huge factor right now, Though.

The Spyders mentioned earlier in this thread and Anzo 111004s are an acceptable (in my uneducated opinion) cheaper alternative if you're OK with the clear lens look. The Anzos are a very similar design to the Spyders, but with plastic lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/USA-111004-Chevrolet-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B0015PPZMC

I've wanted glass, but I see plastic is much cheaper... are TYC any good? At one time, I think they were supposed to be the best aftermarket replacements.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
are TYC any good? At one time, I think they were supposed to be the best aftermarket replacements.

The old TYC Elegantes were some of the best aftermarket housings available. As far as any of their new stuff, I couldn't tell you. The Elegantes were discontinued several years ago at this point. To be honest, I didn't know TYC even made headlight housings for these trucks anymore.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The old TYC Elegantes were some of the best aftermarket housings available. As far as any of their new stuff, I couldn't tell you. The Elegantes were discontinued several years ago at this point. To be honest, I didn't know TYC even made headlight housings for these trucks anymore.

Rockauto lists TYC lights, but I'm not finding them on the TYC Taiwan webpage, so it could be the current TYC lights, for out trucks, are made by someone else and are being marketed by TYC Genera in the US, only.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rockauto lists TYC lights, but I'm not finding them on the TYC Taiwan webpage, so it could be the current TYC lights, for out trucks, are made by someone else and are being marketed by TYC Genera in the US, only.

They're just the OEM styled TYCs, had a set of those, a set of junk glass lense ones, and now a set of the knockoff TYC Elegantes on my truck,

David Barry

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought these plastic Spyder Crystal Headlights - HD-JH-GMCCK88-LED-AM-C-SET from AutoAnything. They look great, work well, but are cheaply made. One of the 'adjusters' gave out completely. I took the headlight apart to fix it. It was only a temporary fix; but fortunately I got it aligned pretty well before it completely failed on me.

Last edited: