Gettin Free double shock hoop, need opinions on reservoir shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys so as the title states, I'm lucky enough to have a buddy that is giving me a free double shock hoop setup for this cepek kit :gay: Soo I'm stoked but I'm having trouble finding a cool shock setup. I really like the Rancho series because I've heard great things and the red will match the truck well also. I would love to do some rancho reservoir shocks up front and I found some good Rancho RS9000x 19269 reservoir shocks on ebay for $70 a piece!! I thought that was a pretty good price for the shocks with the reservoirs. It even has the in cab adjuster if you waant to do that, which I don't care for but I love the look of the resi's mounted up with a double set up up front. Here is the link to the ones I'm talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ranc...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

My buddy says he needs to find out the length on these to make sure they will work but I wanted to get your opinions on this specific shock and any others that would match the truck and are good but not crazy $ Lemme know what yall think! Again I really appreciate yalls opinions.

Griffin

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I'd say get the rancho resi because the added oil help the shock last longer. I'm running bilstein 5150 but I'm sure your painter could paint them black and you could run red boots if you wanted to go that route.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah well the rancho's I'm perfectly happy with keeping them the white/red theme but If I had to buy an odd colored shock, I'd def just paint them myself, which I already did to these cepek stock shocks. I'm gonna shoot for these rancho resi's I think as long as they will fit. I honestly gave up on the idea of dual resi shocks a long time ago when I saw what the fox ones cost...but then I came across these...I thought that price was amazing.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea ok I just hope my ride doesn't magically become worse with these.....I've heard the more shocks you add, the more stiff it rides, which makes sense I guess, but whatevs I' guess I'll just set them on the lowest of the low.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I heard that. Man I have sooo much going on with this truck right now trying to get it all figured out at once my head is about to explode. I've got to figure out what length shocks I'll need...The rancho's I posted would they let me pick the length when I buy them because the ad doesn't have any length set or anything...I confused.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go for the resi shocks for sure would look pimp!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yeah bro I am if I can figure out what length I would need and if they'd work..

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp fellers the reservoir shocks ended up being too good to be true. They were for the rear anyway.

I ended up ordering the white/red rancho 5000 series. 4 of them for the front :D It's gonna look dope! Realift is on the way as well from a fellow member.