G'day all. I need help with a propane issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
G'day all. I have a 93 7.4 auto that runs duel fuel. Propane and pump gas. Down here the pump gas is expensive so I run the propane and have been very happy with it for the last 400000+ kilometres.
BUT, over the last month it has developed a couple of faults. Namely a flat spot just of idle and bogging down around 4000RPM, I have replaced the surrounding components except the mixer and the stepper motor. The only place I have found one of these mixers is the UK, and they have just emailed me to say they don't carry them anymore. I can't find any model or manufactures details on it anywhere.
My question is....does anyone in the USA know where I can get one of these.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a brand name anywhere on the parts (gotta be) - Impco maybe? If so, you may be able to get parts from the U.S.

I know very little about propane/cng/etc. powered vehicles, they're not in common use at all in the U.S. for the most part.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually have a factory service manual for the LPG powered trucks, although it's for the '97 model year. Unfortunately it's in my truck at my mechanic's right now. If you're still looking when I go get it back I'll try and thumb through there and see if I can find anything to help out.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a retired gas company employee I know our Propane fired vehicles was being phased out for diesel and gasoline. Lack of a market for parts and the lack of tech experience for servicing these vehicles was reasoning behind it. And it was not cost effective due to fuel mileage comparison. Only thing I can offer as a suggestion to you is, if you have a local propane company that still has propane fired vehicles they will have parts source info that might help you.
At the time when our vehicles was broke down there was to much down time involved trying to get parts for them.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
df2x4, I did not know the manual existed. I am happy to wait.
Down here pump gas is around $1.35 per litre for the cheap stuff and propane is $0.76 per litre. The way my dually has been set up (Torquegas) makes it retain the power but still better off $/mile to run.
So I will wait to see what you can find. The Englishman has offered a different mixer that fits to a special air cleaner housing, ( which looks real nice), but I would prefer to keep this set up if I can.

Oldblue98, the local propane man wants to sell me a complete new system because he says the one I have now "won't work", that's his opinion.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Terrick down Under Unfortunately my manual is actually for '97 CNG trucks, and nothing in there looks like the mixer system that's on your '93. Sorry I'm no help!