Funny smell when air turned on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So when I turn on my ac for a minute or two the air coming out of my vents smells like "dust" we'll say. It seems to be more prevalent with the ac than heat.

I'm imaging I need to do a little disassembling and cleaning. Could it be the coil or vents themselves?

Thanks

Reaction score
97...I wasnt aware trucks this old had a cabin air filter

Sent from my uncensored Jelly Bean powered Droid Maxx using tapatalk 2

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
97 doesnt.......Your fan motor is easy to take out, perhaps you can see if any dirt is built up in there

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
You can take the blower motor out and clean behind it, I think it's the evaporator? Anyway there's a radiator type deal behind the blower, I used some AC coil cleaner stuff and a water hose on my 96. You will be very surprised how much junk you will get out of there.

Sent from the big block!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Just as Dean said the evap core probably has a bunch of crap in it. There's a write up on here about cleaning it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What you're all saying makes sense to me. I'll look for the write up on cleaning the evap core...I dont think its nitrous oxide but I'll do a little looking to double check ;)

Thanks

Sent from my uncensored Jelly Bean powered Droid Maxx using tapatalk 2