Fuel pump question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I have to take the bed off my truck to do some frame work. I figured this would be the perfect time to replace the fuel pump. I am planning to do an LS swap in the future and I know I need a high flow fuel pump for it. So I have 2 questions. One, what are my options for in tank pumps and two will the higher flow be an issue for the TBI regulater?

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Helps to know what truck your starting with. Tbichhips.com has the part number speced but a vortec type pump works great on tbi, vortec, and LS. I got a delphi vortec sending unit with pump from rock auto in my TBI burb. Get a good pump. Delphi and acdelco are my only choices!

Reaction score
Helps to know what truck your starting with. Tbichhips.com has the part number speced but a vortec type pump works great on tbi, vortec, and LS. I got a delphi vortec sending unit with pump from rock auto in my TBI burb. Get a good pump. Delphi and acdelco are my only choices!

It's a 94 c1500

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Agreed with Black_cirrus, get ACDelco or Delphi! I didn't go LS (wish I did now that there's tons of aftermarket support), but I'm running a Vortec pump on my TBI, too. I did my engine break-in on a stock TBI regulator and it didn't mind.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An ac delco ep381 is spec for vortec engines. A walbro 255 is a common upgrade for the ep381. Either one will do your typical LS swap. If you are looking for more than about 450 hp you probably ought to step up the pump to a walbro 450 but that might over power your tbi regulator.