Fuel mileage way down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of course, when I want to impress gullible folks, I make a point of telling them that the tank on my truck holds 34 gallons, a number that boggles the minds of all those Prius drivers up here! I conveniently neglect to let them know that those are 'murikun gallons.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I apologize if this seems far fetched, but is your lambda sensor new(ish)? Or original to the truck? I had to replace it on my friend's 94 just last week. Crapped out on him, ****** mileage and no CEL.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this thing is getting 13 on the highway! Something is off for sure I'm just not able to pin point it yet.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have ran 2 tanks worth of 87 octane through the truck at this point and the miss is becoming more pronounced at cruising speed under slight acceleration. I'm about to drop this thing off at the mechanic tomorrow and just have him give it a once over.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
So I have ran 2 tanks worth of 87 octane through the truck at this point and the miss is becoming more pronounced at cruising speed under slight acceleration. I'm about to drop this thing off at the mechanic tomorrow and just have him give it a once over.
Interested to hear what they say. My truck has the same issue except its a little worse. My truck gets 8-9 in the city and 10-12 on the highway. She never used to get this poor mileage so I'm also concerned of what's going on. Subbed.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will let you know. I'm just not buying the fact that the tires are causing the ****** mileage because I can pull down almost better in my 84 chevy 1500 on 35's with a stock carbed engine.