Fuel gauge not accurate...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dito. they know there stuff is best so they charge it! but if you find a link to one decent. PLEASE LINK IT. cause i need one myself. im just to lazy to even think about fixing mine since my trip gauge still works.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I called our Chevy store, 306 bucks. HA! All im really doing is looking for a used one. All i need is the sending unit and ill try to make the new Fuel pump work in the Sending unit. Think it can be done? But yet RockAuto has a ACDELCO pump for 274...

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Is there anywhere that you can just buy the sending unit? My tahoe's fuel gauge is useless also. Is the only fix to buy a gm pump?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i know on my 97 is has replaceable pump. i think they switched to the one piece units on the 98s I THINK. not positive. but here is my 97s pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

im glad mine is seperate cause those 1 piece ones ive heard cost ALOT MORE!!!!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've found that rock auto usually has decent prices on the delco or delphi setups....at least better than the dealer/store prices.

the 96-97 pumps were the 'pump on a stick' style, in 98 they went to a bucket style unit which is usually alot more.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ahh ok..now that i see how the assemblies work...that unit i suggested may not work. Though like i said i will still fire off a pm to the vendor when i get a free moment to ask.