Front end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pike_mazter

Reaction score
98 K1500 z71 auto, suspension & drive train stock

Very light vibration from driver's side front. Feels like its right under my feet. More noticeable during acceleration. Vibration comes and goes with no rhyme or reason, lasts a day or two then is gone for a week. No noticeable difference turning or on corners. Newer ball joints all around, brand new pitman, idler, tires & alignment. Before front end work same vibration with the same story. It was first noticed after last deer season when coming out of a muddy field and taking it out of 4 wheel. U joints are starting to get louder and need to be replaced but I can't imagine this is the problem as like I said it comes and goes. Having the typical problem when I take it to an actual mechanic the problem disappears. A mechanic friend of mine totally looked over my front end and said she was in tip top shape and he couldn't find anything out of order.

Anything I'm missing?

1badf350

Reaction score
Sounds like U-joints. Say you are cruising along and give it a little bit of gas to slightly accelerate but not enough to make it downshift. Does the vibe get worse?

pike_mazter

Reaction score
A little bit.

I'm thinking its the U-Joints also. Think I'll throw some on before the month is over. I can't think of anything else and the U-Joints are about the only thing that haven't been replaced in the past year.