Front control arms / balljoints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been going over everything on my truck as I just got it back on the road after it sat for 6 years.

it has some play in the steering going down the road, maybe 4" of play at center before it changes direction of the truck.

I know the pitman and idler arms are common to go out, but I don't get any play out of them when I jacked the front up.

What I did notice is the boots on both upper balljoints are torn on the insides, and the lower balljoint on the passenger side has some vertical play when I applied pressure with a pry bar between it and the spindle.

Are there any recommended aftermarket control arm kits that come with new balljoints already installed? Maybe some that change the angle of the upper ball joints so the boots don't rip open again, and have poly bushings on the chassis side? I think my truck has a slight torsion bar crank but I'm not sure, it has 265/75R16's on stock wheels.

You must be registered for see images

once these tires wear out I do plan to run 285's, which I think will require some more torsion bar cranking, so I would like to get different upper arms to correct the balljoint angle if possible.

Last edited: