front bag questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats basically what dagen had iirc
He was talking about the lines being put together with a "T". I believe that he was the front as one (circuit) and the rear as another (circuit). I kind of like the idea of the potential for a sweet and smooth air ride but I don't have the desire to change ride height. I never even considered the idea of just simply replacing the coil spring with just an air bag used as a spring. Hmmm.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look at post #3 and click the first link. All it does is locates the shradder valve so you can access it easier to adjust the bags.

So, all I need is bags, cups, shock reloc, spindles, shradder valve kit and a little compressor.
I really don't want to mess with a tank and switches and stuff, just nice and simple.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of the valve directly on the bag without any lines. The kit has 10 feet of line and a bunch of fittings. Like said though, I'm not a bagged guy. I may be just thinking about over simplification of it.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Thats basically what dagen had iirc

in theory.. i had lines joining a Tee

He was talking about the lines being put together with a "T". I believe that he was the front as one (circuit) and the rear as another (circuit). I kind of like the idea of the potential for a sweet and smooth air ride but I don't have the desire to change ride height. I never even considered the idea of just simply replacing the coil spring with just an air bag used as a spring. Hmmm.

yeah mine were Tee'd at the front and then again in the rear. i used schrader valves to adjust the ride height. you could put schrader valves directly on the bag ports... it wouldn't be convenient to adjust them though should you want to adjust the pressure and what not.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A tee in the lines will cause air transfer during cornering an cause extra body roll. At $39 just buy two kits an put a valve on each bag. The valves located directly on the bags would be a pain to get to.

These kits use the same fittings an lines that big rigs use, it's all dot approved an proven. Just keep the lines from rubbing an away from heat an you'll have no issues....

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of the valve directly on the bag without any lines. The kit has 10 feet of line and a bunch of fittings. Like said though, I'm not a bagged guy. I may be just thinking about over simplification of it.

Yeah, you would definitely want to locate the schrader valve in a convenient place (i.e. under the hood so no one can access them but you). Changes in temperature, barometric pressure, and just the fact that air molecules find a way to get out of anything means you need a way to access the valves easily because you will on a, oh, weekly basis or so. You would also benefit from having gauges so you would have a way of monitoring and balancing the bags.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do what skylark said but have like a little compressor on board that plugs into the 12v port so you can air them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do what skylark said but have like a little compressor on board that plugs into the 12v port so you can air them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That takes forever though....

hinrichs

Reaction score
Ive done this before on my past cars, but it was more of a temporary thing while waiting for my management to show up, so it was more to move the car around and test everything, and I was using a bike pump haha, but it only takes around 40psi to raise a vw up

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I third that, it takes forever. I tried use a pump like the when i ripped or my old compressor and tank setup and out took like 15 min on each bag just to get it up to like 75 psi.

I ran some air shocks on a car in high school and it worked alright but there is a lot more volume to fill up in a airbag. Lol.