front axle keeps pulling out of diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm Helping A Friend With His 95 Extended Cab With A 6" Procomp Lift. The Drivers Front Axle Keeps Pulling Out Of The Front Diff. People Have Been Working On It With questionable Skill Level. AnyIdeas? Sorry About The TYping.....My Phone Is Capitalizing For Some Reason.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Number 8 broken, missing or worn...

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It Keeps Popping That C Clip Almost Like The Cv Is To SHort.Does That Lift Require A Spacer Where The CV Meets The Axle Flange?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. I Was Thinking The Drop Would Do It To. Sounds Like It Must Be The C-clip Then? I've Never Heard Of A Worn Clip Doing That. The Part Number If The Cv Shaft MatcheS The Truck. I Haven't Messed With Ifs For So Long I'm At A Loss.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this? The guy wants me to help him work on it and I'd like to have more of an idea of what it could be before I start. I swear I saw someone post about this before, but can't find the post.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It's a snap ring. If it looses tension it gets loose.

Normally requires a slide hammer and a sharp blow, but wear and heat can make them sloppy.

Not saying 100% that's what it is, but likely. The other thing is wear on the stub shaft groove, but that's something you don't want to deal with....$$$$$.