Front differential source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigKep89

Reaction score
Anyone ever been able to find just a half of a differential case? My driver side bearing blew on my 96 Yukon and the axle sagged long enough to chew the bottom out of the case where my seal sits. Everything works inside but with the gap my axle has enough play that I don't think there's a fix for it other than replacing half the clamshell or just getting a whole front diff. all together. I know get scarpyard but would like to keep that my second choice.

Attachments

• 20231123_103913.jpg
    20231123_103913.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 8

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAYBE that part is still available from GM. Worth checking.

I'd go directly to the Treasure Yard for a replacement front differential--complete assembly in the correct axle ratio. Perhaps replace the L and R output seals, leave the pinion seal alone. But that's me.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If were closer, and new the ratio, I'd give the front in mine. Depending on the t-case swap goes, if I can't get the actuator wiring to work, be yankin' it for the SAS...