Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work! I’d recommend getting new GM 12553513 oil filter adapter bolts. They tend to leak there and bolts have sealing washers on them.
I had a thread on them and @truckermim pointed out finding just the sealing washers at FMWfastners.com for .30 cents each and using your original bolts. Might be worth checking out as GM bolts are expensive.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was wondering what all leaked on that thing. New bolts or washer it shall be.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to get all these parts right and the local auto parts store doesn’t seem to have a matching trans cooler like for me. Basically I have this one trans cooler line that is completely a hardline and has no rubber flex line anywhere. Yet when I go to a parts store or look on RA all I find are options with rubber flex line in them.

My question is, does the new update version have a flex line section it in and this hardline only original unit is obsolete? Or am I doing a bad job looking for parts?

I’d reuse this one if it wasn’t twisted at the end.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 8

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe I’m looking for the top line in this picture. Just confused why it says it’s for a 4L60 and why I can’t find any part number or place to buy it as a single unit, not part of a kit like this.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.png
    IMG_1643.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 2

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made some decent progress today on a “sick day” but not much was picture worthy.

Checked steering play and found the pitman arm was totally wasted so a premium $33 O’Reillys unit replaced it. They are always such a PITA glad I checked before the core support went back in.

Also drained the front diff and found probably the cleanest diff fluid I’ve ever seen come out of something. Very happy about that!

Also did some more harness cleanup by replacing chaffe wrap after inspecting stuff. Lastly I pulled the body mounts just to see how hard they would be and it was cake! I wish the replacements would have come before I showered tho.

Attachments

• IMG_1642.jpeg
    IMG_1642.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 12

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a bunch of progress today.

-Installed the oil cooler adapter with new seals.
-Installed oil cooler lines into adapter.
-Added new oil and oil filter.
-Removed 2” spacers from up front and replaced them with 1.5” making the front to rear width almost perfectly even having 3”in rear.
-Mounted core support and reinstalled all fender and fender liner bolts.
-Routed main light harness through core support and cleaned up more wire sheathing.
-Routed PS cooler lines and mounted PS cooler.
-Hooked up battery to see if truck was going to freak out and it didn’t seem to.

I feel like I did more but I forgot.

Next I need to:

-Return all AL radiator and buy an OEM one because AL one is wrong size.
-Find that one dang trans line that seems to be impossible.
-Buy radiator hoses.
-Buy coolant, although first few drives will be under just water incase the water pump is trash and I have to replace it I don’t waste $30 in coolant.
-Buy AC rebuild kit because I’m here why wouldn’t I.

Then just continue installing things I already have. I do think I’m gonna ditch the color matched bumpers for original chrome ones with the bump strips.

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 16

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score