Frame rust removal and painting to do's and what not to do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill take the needle scaler to it first but I just wasnt sure what would be a good undercoat for a bed. I mean I guess I could just por15 it all

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started sandblasting today. Boy it takes some time to get anything done with a 26 gallon compressor and sand blaster. Anyone know if I have to get every little spot blasted down before I self etching primer it? Or will the etch be okay? Or do I say **** it and por15 it?

You must be registered for see images attach

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can get away cutting an inch down on this guy that has a rust hole through it?

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sandblasted then self etching primed and now Rust-Oleum top coated the bed today. Curious how long I should wait to spray rubberized undercoat? I'm thinking I'm gonna give it an hour.

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no expert BUT, if it was me I would wait as long as possible for the paint to dry before undercoating. That way most if not all of the solvents will evaporate out of the paint. A rule of thumb I have used is 30 days. Probably overkill but I would rather wait then possibly have drying issues.

just my 2¢.