Fox shocks 6" pro comp lift HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed my passenger side side shocks with a set of the 2.0 remote reservoir shocks on my 6" pro comp lifted K1500 with the double hoop and third lower shock mount.

I was wondering if anyone else has these shocks on there setup and what they used to replace there lower 3rd shock ?
I found this to be part # 985-24-31 *this shows up as a titan 4wd shock, however it matches the extended and compressed height shock. This was confirmed by Fox and found specs of compressed/extended through pro comp.

I just placed my order and will be instsalling them this weekend hopefully if they arrive.

For the rear shocks i went with # 985-24-068 IFP 2.0's

Does anyone know the torque specs these are supposed to be tightened too?..

Anyone ever get a small rip in the plastic cover that wraps the stainless steel mesh to the remote reservoir? Mines very very minsicule however i just want to see if its detrimental or not.

Will i have to take off my two reservoirs to get to installing the new lower 3rd shock?.. i'm not sure i want to say no but i was hoping someone with experience with the same 6" pro comp lift could tell me yes/no

What did you guys use to hold the remote reservoirs to the hoops ? Mine came with the universal clamp kit.. it's kind of an eye sore even with the clamp ends tucked behind the shock.. just would like additional opinions and experiences

Did you have to shave off or modify anything to get it to fit in ?

Post up pics if u could and your experience with installation and there products performance

You must be registered for see images attach

Newer pics

Last edited:
Reaction score
i dont have any experience with the lift but i do with fox shocks and as far as your revisor clamps pollyperformance has some realy nice clamps made by fox that look realy good imho heres a link to one of them . they have some more that look good just go to shocks on the home page then to Shock Parts » Fox Shock Parts » Accessories . and as far as the tear goes as long as the plastic isnt warped or shaped differently because of the tear then it wont hurt anything . just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt spread . truck looks awesome btw !

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Fox-Billet-Aluminum-Reservoir-Mount-Clamp-p-770.html

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Man you must have an old school pro comp lift. I have the current version and it only has one shock on each side up front.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have any experience with the lift but i do with fox shocks and as far as your revisor clamps pollyperformance has some realy nice clamps made by fox that look realy good imho heres a link to one of them . they have some more that look good just go to shocks on the home page then to Shock Parts » Fox Shock Parts » Accessories . and as far as the tear goes as long as the plastic isnt warped or shaped differently because of the tear then it wont hurt anything . just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt spread . truck looks awesome btw !

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Fox-Billet-Aluminum-Reservoir-Mount-Clamp-p-770.html

thanks lifted those ones look real nice! look's easy to install and secure as well man i had to hide my clamps behind the shock there just a huge eye sore.

As for the tear, its not ripping or warping anymore and the mesh inside is still 100% in original tact ill be keeping an eye on them though definitely.

Finally got around to my front lower shocks man those old bolts and nuts were thrashed let alone the previous owner had a short bolt that didn't even fit through the OEM shock lower mount and the nylon lock washer was BARELY on the end of the bolt. Some mickey mouse in my book, so i replaced the hardware and did it the right way, will be needing to purchase new Black end caps from pro comp part # 15-10248

I removed my rears before the front and came across an issue, the bar pin.
it wouldn't fit into my eyelet 2.0 shock so i had to call fox and give them the width, and length of the bar pin, open end to open end.

They're just sending it out today due to the holidays, but im happy as everything else is in place and im just very anxious to replace my BLOWN rear shocks that CONSTANTLY SQUEAK due to the bushing being torn ! Im going to upload some pictures to the thread before and after.

Old shock pics

Bar Pin

Future references of bar pin dimensions

New Shock IFP 2.0

Lower shock installed

Current Pic

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
whatre your tire measurements and bottom of fender well height front and rear please. do you also have a body lift?

oh and more pics please

35" x 12.50 on 15" rims wrapped in Falken Wildpeak AT (all 4 new with warranty 700$ after mail in rebate :banana-mario:) I wish i had some mudd grapplers but im not to fond of the brodozer 20" KMC/motometal/fuel wheels. I'd rather put that kind of money into my power train personally.

6" lift suspension with 3" body lift.

BODY LIFT DOESN'T AFFECT TRAVEL HEIGHT

The lift is OLD, also there is a bend in the front link i called pro comp and they can send me a brand new one and reemburse me after i send the old one back to them. They said it is newer and i would like to have new bushings and all that good stuff as you can see my lift has seen better days - however im limited to the knowledge and how i can safely keep my truck stable without the front link case while i wait for the new one to come in. then of course installing the new one in correctly torque specs and all that good stuff to know before you bolt anything up.

It's not like im clueless, i would just HATE to have some mickey mouse crap happen while i have the lift off, specially if it could of been prevented.

Im confused Tyler of why you want the height of my front and rear i work long days every weekday until the evening so its probably safer to say by then weekend ill get those measurements. I thought i had a lot of pictures up already so can you be more clear of what you need pictures of ?

Im also surprised nobody clarified that those aren't even fox shocks, hell i was sold them under the belief they were fox 2.0 rr
There prodigy remote reservoir 2.0 IFP's. They retailed another 100$ then the fox shocks remote reservoirs and i got all 4 for 300$ with under 10k miles on them.
The other shocks that are actual fox shocks are brand new and had to order them with collapsed and extended height measurements to get a correct fitment for my 6" lift suspension.

Still waiting on that bar pin..

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
from the ground to the hieghesdt point of the fender well.

whats the warranty on these lifts? my rear crossmember is cracking. apparantly its notorious on the older procomps because ive had it and so has skyhighcolorado i think his name is.

Reaction score
yea i like those alot . there super easy to install and they hold the reservoir really well . they had a blue anodized one but i cant seem to find it and those looked awesome if i find some ill put the link on here for you .

yea just keep an eye on the tear and make sure it doesnt spread . as long as it doesnt get any worse then it should be fine .

tripple fox 2.0s ! thats an awesome looking set up ! mite have steel the idea ! :joke: