Found the antifreeze leaking problem, maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should I put some of that "Stop Leak" stuff in the rad to get it down there?

NO! NO NO NO! Do NOT do that! You'll be trying to get rid of that junk for months, maybe years, if you put that in your cooling system. Someone put it in my motor before I got it and went through a heater core and radiator before I got a hold of it. Turned out to be a leaking intake gasket and water pump to block gasket. I'm waiting for the day my radiator stops up whenever that junk lets loose from my block. Hopefully my strainer will catch it and not my RAD.

pitterpat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO! NO NO NO! Do NOT do that! You'll be trying to get rid of that junk for months, maybe years, if you put that in your cooling system. Someone put it in my motor before I got it and went through a heater core and radiator before I got a hold of it. Turned out to be a leaking intake gasket and water pump to block gasket. I'm waiting for the day my radiator stops up whenever that junk lets loose from my block. Hopefully my strainer will catch it and not my RAD.

THANKS, No, I didn't do that. Left it at the shop, the estimate they gave me is $814.26 after tax. I'm going to pick it up today and do the job myself, ain't got 800 bucks to put into this truck (probably only worth about $1500, but it runs).

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For the drive back from the shop. Only put the rad cap on to the first notch. With the cap on all the way, tight, the cooling system is pressurized & will force out the coolant that much faster. Won't get much heat like that, though.

pitterpat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the drive back from the shop. Only put the rad cap on to the first notch. With the cap on all the way, tight, the cooling system is pressurized & will force out the coolant that much faster. Won't get much heat like that, though.

Thanks, got it back home with no problems.

Have it almost all torn down; damn GM you have so many different wrench sizes to use it ridicouous.