Folks with HID's I need your help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my hid kit from DDM and I wanna know where you guys mounted your ballasts for the hid's. I want them to look as clean and streamline as possible so if any of you have pics of where you mounted yours or detailed descriptions that would be nice. Also does the double sided tape they supply with the kit really hold the ballast securely in place? I feel like the weight of the ballast and the heat of the engine bay would make it so the tape didn't adhere like it should. Thanks for any input. I can't wait to get these installed next week!

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i put mine on the fenders as well. ill go take a pic. as for the doubleside tape, clean the fender with alcohol before you stick it and it should stay quite a while.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok cool, i was either gonna do the double sided tape of big ass zip ties but I'll give the double sided tape a try if it's working for you guys.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
When I still had mine, I sat the ballasts behind the parking lights, in between the grille and radiator support.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Tossed through the hole behind the headlights in the radiator support... They have been there without problems. Cheap-o set too, so I need to go get a set off of DDM... Big difference on warm up time.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are mounted to the radiator support twoards the edge of the grille, had the huge ballasts with one on inside and one outside, now that i have slim digital ballasts the are both mounted on the front side