Flywheel Swap....Broke today and looking for Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Breaking More Stuff

My 1995 extd. cab c1500 5.7 2wd
would not start due to a power drain.....= My flywheel breaking missing teeth now,
going to replace the rear main seal while in there, but with many ops out there, What kind of flywheel should I get I see solid metal ones and some that look light weight like car rims almost, I would like to one day put some power to this engine but nothing crazy just a mild cam and headers, so this just happened leaving work about 1hr ago. So I wanted to hit you guys up and see what ideas are out there. Thx Guys, Jon

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its auto a friend said he had one thats gm? but he bought it for a box truck are spec going to matter? but I dont mind finding one that lite weight to fit either.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well now I'm not sure this sucks I work at an auto parts store, and one of the guys told me its the flywheel/flex well its starting in fair cond. now the metal grinding seems to be intermediate, I;m thinking its just a weak starter, I'm going to pull the dust shield and inspect today when I get up.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Check starter bolts for looseness and proper shimming....

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong, but when you get under your truck, theres a little hole where you can actually see the flywheel? its at the front of the trans? or is that something else...