Flywheel Swap....Broke today and looking for Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Breaking More Stuff

My 1995 extd. cab c1500 5.7 2wd
would not start due to a power drain.....= My flywheel breaking missing teeth now,
going to replace the rear main seal while in there, but with many ops out there, What kind of flywheel should I get I see solid metal ones and some that look light weight like car rims almost, I would like to one day put some power to this engine but nothing crazy just a mild cam and headers, so this just happened leaving work about 1hr ago. So I wanted to hit you guys up and see what ideas are out there. Thx Guys, Jon

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its auto a friend said he had one thats gm? but he bought it for a box truck are spec going to matter? but I dont mind finding one that lite weight to fit either.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well now I'm not sure this sucks I work at an auto parts store, and one of the guys told me its the flywheel/flex well its starting in fair cond. now the metal grinding seems to be intermediate, I;m thinking its just a weak starter, I'm going to pull the dust shield and inspect today when I get up.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Check starter bolts for looseness and proper shimming....

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong, but when you get under your truck, theres a little hole where you can actually see the flywheel? its at the front of the trans? or is that something else...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie