Flowmaster Super 10 driving video!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Because quite a few of you asked, decided to make a quick video before work. As of right now, It's louder than I'd like, because it sits like this:

You must be registered for see images

But I'll soon have full piping run all the way out back to quiet it down a bit. Anywho, the video has alot of wind and tire noise, but it's surprisingly close to what it sounds like in person. Only difference is it doesn't sound like a tin can like the video makes it seem, if that makes any sense.

WARNING, If you're watching it with headphones on, I recommend turning the volume all the way down, it's pretty loud!

Cruising up until :17 where I go WOT for a few seconds, then cruising after that, and idling in the driveway with a few revs at 1:14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir0-kCMvdl8

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i had a super 10 on mine back when it was my work truck..it was loud..and had more drone than i cared for and my exhaust was ran all the way out the back... hehe they sound good..but a little too loud if you like listening to music.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
i had a super 10 on mine back when it was my work truck..it was loud..and had more drone than i cared for and my exhaust was ran all the way out the back... hehe they sound good..but a little too loud if you like listening to music.

Haha my radio and speakers kick major ass. I can have them loud enough that you can't hear the exhaust, and they still sound exceptional.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds good, I had Flowmaster 10 series mufflers on this 85 Mustang GT I had with long tubes and off-road h-pipe the exhaust was dumped sounded so good but my neighbors didnt think so lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I redo my exhaust I plan on getting Super 10s. I have true duals and that's what I was planning on, true duals with an X pipe and 2 1/2 inch pipe. But, I've heard that it's actually louder with 1 muffler, is that true? I love loud with still having a smooth deep drone, so I don't care for glasspacks. So for the loud factor would it be better to get a single muffler with dual outlet or get true duals? I care for performance also, I don't want it to be the loudest if it loses low end TQ. Can anybody fill me in on this? I don't know how soon it will get done, but I like planning this out lol.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
When I redo my exhaust I plan on getting Super 10s. I have true duals and that's what I was planning on, true duals with an X pipe and 2 1/2 inch pipe. But, I've heard that it's actually louder with 1 muffler, is that true? I love loud with still having a smooth deep drone, so I don't care for glasspacks. So for the loud factor would it be better to get a single muffler with dual outlet or get true duals? I care for performance also, I don't want it to be the loudest if it loses low end TQ. Can anybody fill me in on this? I don't know how soon it will get done, but I like planning this out lol.

Yes it's true. My buddy had dual Super 10's on his 2500HD with the vortec 8.1, dumped just like mine is, and mine is louder than his ever was. And forget the true duals. You need an X pipe or H pipe to level the flow and get the best performance. At least that's what I've been told.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it's true. My buddy had dual Super 10's on his 2500HD with the vortec 8.1, dumped just like mine is, and mine is louder than his ever was. And forget the true duals. You need an X pipe or H pipe to level the flow and get the best performance. At least that's what I've been told.

Thanks, ya I have an X pipe already. The stock setup had duals from front to back except it was 1 muffler that was dual in and dual out. Then someone that had it before mine cut off the old huge muffler and just replaced it with 2 Flowmasters. The system on there now is just all hacked up. I've had tailpipes out on both sides and the X pipe added in. So now after reading that, when I redo it I'll have the setup the layout the same as stock, just with 2 1/2 inch pipes with 2 cats and a dual in and dual out super 10. Hell I might just leave it without tailpipes like you and just have turndowns. And now I figure with it like that there's no need for an X pipe since the muffler will act as the crossover pipe to even the 2 sides out. I figure it being true duals with just the one muffler will be enough to not give up low end TQ while getting it loud.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm warning you now, it's going to not just be loud, but you may wake up the neighbors just putting down the street at night. But dear god almighty, at 3-4k RPMs, you think you're going to go deaf. It's pretty awesome.

But just to clarify, If you're going with a Super 10, you should run pipes all the way back. Don't leave it like mine, even turndows would be too loud. If you do it right, it will sounds incredible, and not piss off everyone in the neighboring town. Lmao.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm warning you now, it's going to not just be loud, but you may wake up the neighbors just putting down the street at night. But dear god almighty, at 3-4k RPMs, you think you're going to go deaf. It's pretty awesome.

But just to clarify, If you're going with a Super 10, you should run pipes all the way back. Don't leave it like mine, even turndows would be too loud. If you do it right, it will sounds incredible, and not piss off everyone in the neighboring town. Lmao.

I probably will have duals come out the back and exit beside the hitch like I have now. Doing it like yours with turndowns was just an option I might do I guess lol. By the way, I don't care if it ****** some people off. I figure what's the point in having a loud exhaust if it doesn't piss some people off. I go by that motto that what's the point if they can't hear you before they see you. Plus I want it loud enough to drown out the dumbass 4 and 6 bangers with the high pitch coffee can bumblebee exhaust. Sounding like a damn straight pipe 125cc dirt bike and they think it sounds awesome. They make it worse when they think redlining it actually helps anything so that tells you they have now idea what a power band is.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
That's a great way to get your truck vandalized or your ass kicked. But that's just my thoughts. Yeah, I like to play with the throttle and mess with 4 and 6 bangers just as much as the next guy, but you need to know your limit.