Fitting a 15x9.5 -.75 on a 5/7 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Strasser

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently snagged a set of aero wheels off a local nascar team for $70. I’m kind of going for a budget nascar inspired build so it was a no brainer to pick them up. They fit perfectly in the back but the front is where I run into issues. They poke about a 3/8 in out. I’ve got drop spindles and I think that’s where my problem lies. Could I replace the drop spindles with drop control arms to bring the track width in enough? Any suggestions or anyone trying to get rid of some 3” drop arms? Also opinions on the white? I’ve been on the fence about painting them but the white tattered look keeps growing on me the more I look at them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Adam Strasser

Reaction score
Also truck doesn’t have fender wells bc I got tired of rubbing the stocks too much lol. So that won’t be an issue

Reaction score
Not sure what spindles you have, some widen the track by 1 in and some don't. I don't like those lowering A arms because they really reduce ground clearance, not to mention they would probably be more expensive than a new set of wheels in the correct offset. Your biggest problem will most likely be trying to fit 15 in wheels with the drop spindles. I briefly had that set up on my truck and it was not going to work at all without a lot of clearancing of the control arm. This seems like a lot work to fit up some $70 wheels.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think it's a full 1" of width added by some brands of spindles but it is a problem nonetheless when running wheels that are borderline fitment issues. A 9.5" up front on a GMT400 I don't believe you will make work in a lowered application, and yes, definitely there are interference issues with 15" wheels on drop spindles. Dunno about drop arms. Lot of money to spend to find out you're still gonna crater your fender.

Richard