Finishing touches 98 SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh_hawk

Reaction score
Hey y'all, been a while since I've been on the site! I've uploaded a pic of my progress on my 98. I took it from 9 inches of lift on 38s (IFS), to now sitting 14 inches on 42s (SAS Dana 44HD) and did a 14 bolt rear swap . Needless to say I've been busy and I'm on the home stretch of getting her back on the road. I will upload more pics of the build when I have more time and compile my pics.

Now I do I have one question and I have done research on the site, but would just like to get an exact number if possible. I am not happy with where my rear axle is sitting so I am moving it back an inch. My question is, exactly how much slip yoke should I comfortably have in the rear of the T case and how much sticking out? I am ordering a longer slip yoke to lengthen my driveshaft to compensate for the lift and moving the axle back. I've always heard that if you had more than 1-1.5 sticking out you should lengthen. I just have the bad image of it either knocking a hole out the back of the case, or plopping out upon flex. So the input on how much yoke actually goes into the t-case would really put my mind at ease and be much appreciated before I make the purchase!!
Thanks again!
You must be registered for see images attach