Finally Detailed new to me Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattmacklind

Reaction score
Finally detailed my new Tahoe from December of last year. Sprayed down at a car wash and used Meguiars NXT along with some other basic products outside and inside. Made a big difference there was a lot of road grime. Anyuway, thought I'd share a pic. its very clean. Also replaced the shocks (still had the original Bilsteins) with Monroe Gas Magnums. I'm very happy with them. I would have rather gotten KYB Momomax like I have on my truck but I couldn't justify the cost difference this time around, plus Monroe had a $50 gift card rebate with a set of four. Based on an online VIN decoder, my Tahoe is a Z71 which makes sense with the shocks, but the code is not in the glove box so who knows. I suppose the PO could have installed the shocks, but if they did , it was a long time ago. I understand a feature on a Z71 was a locking rear diff. If this is the case, how does it engage? I've never seen a Tahoe with a locker switch anywhere.
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice truck, very clean!! Are those just the steel wheels? To match with those steels, you should get a black grille for it. ;) :D

Do you have a pic of the interior?

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Its not really a locker, its a limited slip, g80. Theres no switch for it, they seem to just work when they want to lol.

mattmacklind

Reaction score
Nice truck, very clean!! Are those just the steel wheels? To match with those steels, you should get a black grille for it. ;) :D

Do you have a pic of the interior?

No interior pics handy but nothing special in there other than the PO had Husky liners everywhere. I replaced the stock wheels with these, they were the 8 hole chrome clad 17" Silverado wheels. Just bought them off C-list, sanded and painted them black and installed the Bridgestones. With the worn out shocks it did not ride well after that but with the 16" wheels it was too plush so I didn't notice. I installed a small bar and the fog lights from HF and a bluetooth stereo with some speakers and I'm pretty much done with it. It does have some noise coming over bumps so there are likely some perished bushings that need replacing.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
The locking rear engages when the other tire begins to spin. Sometimes you can hear it engage if you're standing outside.

Sharp looking truck!