Fiberglass Body Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What options are there out there for fiberglass panels? I'm looking to save some weight on my truck.

I already have:
Hood
Roll Pan
other bits of weight reduction.

I'm looking to break under 4100 lbs. I'm sitting at 4240 now.

as a side note I don't want a full front clip as that would make me change to pro street class. I'd like to stay in the stock/street class.
so that means not gutting the interior.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol. trying to stay somewhat incognito. Hence not wanting to gut the interior.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I did this with my street class car, remove the radio, HVAC components, wiring, etc and put the gutted dash back in. remove the carpet insulation and put the carpet back in, trim the carpet under the seats, drill 2-4" holes where ever possible and safe where it'll be hidden. Switch over to manual steering and remove all PS components. You know the drill, ounces adds up to pounds.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's all great for the track. But this truck is a daily so I want to keep most amenities. I can ditch PS, is there even a non power steering rack for these trucks?

I have a bunch of stuff I still havent removed like spare tire mounting bracket and support xmembers. I'm looking at building an aluminum xmember for the tranny as well.

If there much that can be gutted from behind and under the dash?

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can also go to plexiglass windows, have someone make up a composite pickup bed, like the one in the Toyota Tacoma, aluminum driveshaft if you don't have one already, racing style seats, fibreglass bumpers, smaller battery, delete the ABS, and smaller wheels and tires.

Or, just build a race only car or truck.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to get my street weight down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk