family business need Longbed Pickup GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smonirh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

My family wants to start a business. For this we need a Longbed Pickup GMT400. I have been looking online for a beat up old rusty Longbed Pickup GMT400. for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

View media item 31147
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would help greatly to know what you will use the truck for. Do you need 2wd or 4x4? Heavy hauling or just long box capacity? Automatic or manual preferred? Driving long distances or just local? Are able/willing to perform repairs/maintenance or would need to have it all done at a shop?

Smonirh

Reaction score
It would help greatly to know what you will use the truck for. Do you need 2wd or 4x4? Heavy hauling or just long box capacity? Automatic or manual preferred? Driving long distances or just local? Are able/willing to perform repairs/maintenance or would need to have it all done at a shop?

Its for Local. for light weight things...

Thanks

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think where you live makes a difference too. Around here if it's not 4x4 nobody wants it, except me. I would think a fair price for a 2wd 1500 longbed in decent running condition would be $2000 to $3000. You can buy beat up junk cheaper and put more into it.

If you live in the rust belt get underneath and look at the frame carefully. Even hit it with a hammer if you see suspect areas.
I don't know why people don't say where they live in their profiles.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
You wont regret buying one of these trucks. For one theyre cheap as dirt compared to a newer vehicle. For two You would be hard pressed to find a junkyard that doesnt have a gmt400 truck so that makes parts easy to get and super cheap. For 3 the aftermarket support for these are amazing so you can make it into a rolling billboard for cheap if you so wish. Plus if you do have a problem that you cant figure out, 9 times out of 10 there is someone on here that has had the same problem and know how to fix it.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Get on your local craigslist and look. Your not helping us help you very much here.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
If you're trying to start a business, you might not want to look for an old rusty truck, something clean and relatively rust free would both be more cosmetically pleasing, and cheaper to repair in the long run.

Smonirh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

My family wants to start a business. For this we need a Longbed Pickup GMT400. I have been looking online for a beat up old rusty Longbed Pickup GMT400 for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

View media item 31147

Thanks guys.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome to the site

buy the best that you can afford. it'll most likely be cheaper in the long run.

it'll be cleaner for your prospective customers & down less for repairs

but as stated earlier, lots of factors will affect the price of the truck: location, cab style, 2 or 4wd, auto or stick, engine size, 1500 2500 or 3500 models?

other things to consider: condition, repairs needed, mileage, options (man or pwr win & locks & such)

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My family wants to start a business. For this we need a Longbed Pickup GMT400. I have been looking online for a beat up old rusty Longbed Pickup GMT400. for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

View media item 31147

Thanks guys.

Why did you post this in the lowered and bagged section?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiej80