Fairly new on here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'll say the grille would be okay if the rest of the truck didn't look so stock..needs some goodies :D

perhaps different wheels?

I plan on a BDS 6" suspension lift which I will get new rims and tires when I do that. Not sure which yet, but the rims will be 17x9 and tires will be 35x12.50x17.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
yeah, idk i'm up in the air about the grille, i do know that with everything else stock it kinda looks out of place... but i kinda like it at the same time..

always could consider color matching everything too!

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, idk i'm up in the air about the grille, i do know that with everything else stock it kinda looks out of place... but i kinda like it at the same time..

always could consider color matching everything too!

Well not really into color matching unless it's murdered out in all black. I do prefer black over chrome now. When I got those steps, bug/hood shield and the gas door I was into chrome. The grille only came in chrome. When I get the lift done the rims will probably be chrome even though I'd rather get them in black. That's just because black rims wouldn't look right on my truck the way I have the other stuff, so chrome would just fit it better. If I do keep the truck long enough I do plan on painting it black and black out anything I can. I have a lot of plans, but I doubt anything else will be done to it anytime soon. If I keep it until it's played out it will just be a little project truck where I do things to it here and there. I have a feeling I'll be keeping this truck until it won't go anymore lol, and that includes being used as a DD.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well not really into color matching unless it's murdered out in all black. I do prefer black over chrome now. When I got those steps, bug/hood shield and the gas door I was into chrome. The grille only came in chrome. When I get the lift done the rims will probably be chrome even though I'd rather get them in black. That's just because black rims wouldn't look right on my truck the way I have the other stuff, so chrome would just fit it better. If I do keep the truck long enough I do plan on painting it black and black out anything I can. I have a lot of plans, but I doubt anything else will be done to it anytime soon. If I keep it until it's played out it will just be a little project truck where I do things to it here and there. I have a feeling I'll be keeping this truck until it won't go anymore lol, and that includes being used as a DD.

i think chrome looks classier, i had mine blacked out and it just doesn't look as good as when i put the chrome rims i have on it now... in my opinion black only looks good on White or black trucks, with colored trucks it looks trashy in my opinion.. but its not my truck.. your the one who has to look at it every day :D

BLACK:
You must be registered for see images attach

CHROME:
You must be registered for see images attach

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well like I said, if I start to black out things it will be everything including the paint so not just parts here and there. So the next thing will be lift, rims and tires and since it will stay this color for awhile I'll just get chrome rims. Black rims just wouldn't look right with my truck as it is now. If I get the money up some day I'll get it painted black and get everything blacked out.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Just remember, anything we say about your truck is only an opinion. If you like it that's all that matters!

Now of course to add my 2 cents......

Grill......gotta go IMO
super long steps.........gotta go.....
and the bug deflector....gone.....

Truck looks great otherwise though!

Sent from somewhere in MN

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Just remember, anything we say about your truck is only an opinion. If you like it that's all that matters!

Now of course to add my 2 cents......

Grill......gotta go IMO
super long steps.........gotta go.....
and the bug deflector....gone.....

Truck looks great otherwise though!

I know it's opinions, that's why I'm not going ape about it lol. Only time I'll give attitude or whatever is if someone disrespects it like saying it's a POS or whatever.

I got those steps to help me get into the toolbox without getting into the bed. I'm only about 5'8" or 5'9". I got them 9 years ago so at the time those were the only wheel to wheel steps I could find. I've already explained the grille earlier lol. The bug/hood shield I got because it's actually metal (stainless steel) instead of plastic. If I murder the truck out like I said that will be one of the things that will be blacked out.

I know being on a forum I'm going to hear a lot of opinions and I give mine a lot. Since I'm very opinionated I also tend to respond to comments, more or less to defend or just say why I did it or whatever lol.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's opinions, that's why I'm not going ape about it lol. Only time I'll give attitude or whatever is if someone disrespects it like saying it's a POS or whatever.

I got those steps to help me get into the toolbox without getting into the bed. I'm only about 5'8" or 5'9". I got them 9 years ago so at the time those were the only wheel to wheel steps I could find. I've already explained the grille earlier lol. The bug/hood shield I got because it's actually metal (stainless steel) instead of plastic. If I murder the truck out like I said that will be one of the things that will be blacked out.

I know being on a forum I'm going to hear a lot of opinions and I give mine a lot. Since I'm very opinionated I also tend to respond to comments, more or less to defend or just say why I did it or whatever lol.

Well...... Since you use the extra length steps seems ligit on why you have them.

Metal bug shield?? I thought it was chromed plastic...... Didn't know they made metal ones.

All i gotta say is that grill looks just fine to me compared to the range rover version so I'm sure we will taker easy on the grille comments, right boys?

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well...... Since you use the extra length steps seems ligit on why you have them.

Metal bug shield?? I thought it was chromed plastic...... Didn't know they made metal ones.

All i gotta say is that grill looks just fine to me compared to the range rover version so I'm sure we will taker easy on the grille comments, right boys?

Ya it's metal, it said stainless steel on the site. I can't remember what site but it's made by Lund. I also tested if it was actually metal when I went to run around my truck and my arm caught the edge and bent it out and so I took it off and tried to bend it back as much as I could. I ended up buying another one to replace it cause no matter what I did I couldn't get it back right and even if I did you would see the line where it bent. From what I've looked up, I don't think Lund makes it anymore but might can find one somewhere.

EDIT: Found one site.... http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1739/3/