exterior led lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched before I posted this. FYI. Anyway, has anyone here replaced all their exterior lights with LEDS? Can the front corners lights be done? I'm assuming the rear license plate lights can. What about those LED taillights that superbrightleds.com sells?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
The only thing I've heard on the LED headlights is they are not as bright as stock. But that is not personal experience.

Reaction score
I have leds in my cab lights from recon. I did have them in my corners on my yukon but I haven't done them on the dually yet. I am going to pickup the front parking light bulbs this weekend from the truck stop, they have the amber ones that autozone doesn't carry. I am not sure but you may need to add an led load equalizer to make these work or change the flasher module.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes i have all the extirior leds for my truck. you need load equalizers or their flasher modual to convert the parking lamps and tail lights otherwize they wont flash, or they will flash too fast. the DRLs they sell are a waste of time too, i have them and dont like them. its funny that its a direct DRL replacement yet on the site it specifically says not to use them to replace your DRLs because it will fail the unit and void superbrightleds warrenty on them lol! http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/carbulb-notes.htm

the link for the conversion of led ext lights. the only thing on these notes i have found to not be true is the dash dimmer, my gauge leds are either on or off, they wont dim.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty hooked on the smoked Tails & 3rd Brake Light but I'm not totally convinced their worth $160 . Can't help but wonder how long they last before they start burning out and taking a dump on you. As for LED's on the front I'll have to pass on that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting those LED taillights for so long, but I am going another route. It is possible to do all but the headlights, and have them functioning at or above par.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty hooked on the smoked Tails & 3rd Brake Light but I'm not totally convinced their worth $160 . Can't help but wonder how long they last before they start burning out and taking a dump on you.

I paid less than $125 shipped for mine and have seen them even cheaper more recently. I've only had mine about 6 months or so, but there are several members over at FSC that have been running them for years with no troubles.

Reaction score
I'm pretty hooked on the smoked Tails & 3rd Brake Light but I'm not totally convinced their worth $160 . Can't help but wonder how long they last before they start burning out and taking a dump on you. As for LED's on the front I'll have to pass on that.

Will be my next purchase.