Exhuast Pipe Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mine is 3" SI/ 2.5" DO. I wouldnt bother reducing it to 2.25". Seems like more work to me. Also, if the price of getting it welded is too much, check out bandclamps. I love those things and they never leak.

Not extra work for me :lol: I've read online (and yes I know it could change depending on the shop) that most shops charge around $60 for a complete exhaust system. I think mandrel bends would be a little more expensive though. And thanks for the link, I'll keep them in mind.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I understand. I have other thing I want to do but exhaust is ahead of them. I'm going to see how much a shop would charge to weld everything up.

Local shop (that does good work) quoted me $280 for a dual exhaust Magnaflow exiting wherever I wanted it.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Local shop (that does good work) quoted me $280 for a dual exhaust Magnaflow exiting wherever I wanted it.

Well, that's extremely expensive.... :hmm: I wonder what they would charge if I bought the kit and just asked them to weld it up.... Was that for mandrel bends?

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I understand. I have other thing I want to do but exhaust is ahead of them. I'm going to see how much a shop would charge to weld everything up.

The ones I've heard I'm YouTube have a raspy sound to them that I don't like.

that's probably there video messed up because my dads magnaflows sounded awesome

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well, that's extremely expensive.... :hmm: I wonder what they would charge if I bought the kit and just asked them to weld it up.... Was that for mandrel bends?

No mandrel bent. I have thought about getting that mandrel bent tailpipe from summit and a magnaflow muffler and just doing a single tailpipe and having my dad or a buddy to weld it up.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
No one in my family can weld :nono: I wanna learn but I can affors the exhaust now and I want duals....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Not extra work for me :lol: I've read online (and yes I know it could change depending on the shop) that most shops charge around $60 for a complete exhaust system. I think mandrel bends would be a little more expensive though. And thanks for the link, I'll keep them in mind.

When I had the exhuast done on my 96 it was like 450/500 (cant excatly recall) for the muffler tail pipes and tips

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah 280 is cheap, 60$ Is what most charge just to weld in a new muffler not counting the muffler itself. I paid 300 for mine and it was for FloPro Max's and 2.5" back on my cars duals. Full Header or manifold backs usually 5-700 for the normal bends. more for mandrel and stainless.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't run anything larger than a 2.25" set up. Sure a 3" will be louder but you're really not gaining any power or MPG's. There's a Hooker header (header back) kit from summit for about $179. I got ceramic coated Hooker headers and Magnaflow catalytic converters. Just for my Summit order it was $830, not including the other $140 I spent on mufflers and tips. I still need to get an O2 sensor AND have it installed.

I don't cheap out on my exhausts :lol:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would already have the muffler and tips. They would just need to do the tailpipes and weld it all up.