Exhuast Pipe Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys, I knew I wasn't crazy thinking it was bigger than the tailpipe :lol: Noe to decide which muffler I want (Flowmaster 40 or Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow)

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
40 series! i had a thrush and really liked it, there is a clip in the sound clip thread

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I had a full exhaust put on my old Dakota with super 40 series flomasters an 4" tips an that thing was amazing. Thinking about doin this same set up on my 93 soonish. I have a vid if anyone's interested

Sent from the legion of doom

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I say go with a 3" in 3" out 40 series with a turndown. It's cheap and you can do it yourself easily. And it will be loud!

P.S. I know I still owe u a exhaust clip. But I've been working a lot. Ill try to get u one tomorrow.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I say go with a 3" in 3" out 40 series with a turndown. It's cheap and you can do it yourself easily. And it will be loud!

P.S. I know I still owe u a exhaust clip. But I've been working a lot. Ill try to get u one tomorrow.
I' not doing a turndown. From what you've said, I would get tired of it quick. I found a Flowmaster original 40 series 3" ID/ 2.5" OD, some 2.5" to 2.25" reducers and 3" straight rolled edge single wall summit brand stainless steel exhaust tips :naughty:
Mines 3" too. Hell my cross overs are 2.5"
I'm sticking with 2.25" piping to a 3" tip. I don't like those 5" slash cut 18" long tips :puke:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yeh I want to get a magnaflow muffler and dual chrome rolled tips coming out the stock location. But I have a lot of other things to do before I do that!!!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yeh I want to get a magnaflow muffler and dual chrome rolled tips coming out the stock location. But I have a lot of other things to do before I do that!!!
I understand. I have other thing I want to do but exhaust is ahead of them. I'm going to see how much a shop would charge to weld everything up.
Magnaflow sounds great too and different

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The ones I've heard I'm YouTube have a raspy sound to them that I don't like.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is 3" SI/ 2.5" DO. I wouldnt bother reducing it to 2.25". Seems like more work to me. Also, if the price of getting it welded is too much, check out bandclamps. I love those things and they never leak.