Exhaust tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Am I alone in preferring no add-on tip at all? I think just the exhaust pipe looks cleaner.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I actually like those hexagon ones. I would probably do that if i had tips showing. I got true dual 3" pipe, converters, and dumped over the axle.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Teaser pic of the final product. It has been raining heavily the last few days so I haven't had a chance to get anything better.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Judging from the pic, it looks real good. I like how they tucked it up nice and tight too the body.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Am I alone in preferring no add-on tip at all? I think just the exhaust pipe looks cleaner.

Nope. Your not alone.
For me, it depends on the vehicle, and if tips compliment it's over all look.
My '69 GTO runs a factory style dual exhaust with no tips, but the '69 340 Dart I once owned, had factory style chrome tips.
Both the '64 Chevy and the '74 Dodge 2wd pickups I once owned had headers with side exit dual exhaust, but no tips.
The old square body GMT's look best with no tips.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Edit: I guess I should explain that one of my biggest pet peeves, on my vehicles, is seeing the transition from naked pipe to tips. That's the reason my truck has 26" long, 3" stainless tips.
The transition from 2.25" tailpipes to 3" tips is tucked in front of the spare tire. When you follow my truck, all you see is 3" stainless tips.

Last edited:

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna see the rest of it lol

Once I get the chance I will post it up, hopefully I can get it up on the hoist and take some shots of what they did underneath.

Thanks 96Z71ECSB, I like it that way because it hides the transition similar to how yours is. You only really see it when your basically right under the truck, so only the ricer drivers will really see that.